Loading 7.2 on PE1650 help
Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Thu Apr 25 08:23:00 CDT 2002
The PCI IDs for the 1650 ROMB weren't known when RH7.2 went gold. The
workaround is really simple, you just have to pass the PCI IDs in to the
driver during install.
1. Boot the first CD. At the boot prompt type: expert noprobe
2. When prompted for the driver disk say: No
3. When prompted for the driver to load choose: aacraid and check the
box for passing extra options to the driver.
4. The next screen you will need the following:
5. You may then select the additional drivers you may need by the
6. The standard graphical install will begin and you should proceed
with standard at this point.
DELL Server Support
From: Hubbard, David [mailto:dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:14 AM
To: 'linux-poweredge at dell.com'
Subject: Loading 7.2 on PE1650 help
Can someone re-post the little extra stuff
you need to type at the install prompt of
RH7.2 to get the RAID detected correctly
on a 1650? I can't seem to find it in the
archives but I know someone had posted it
before. And then I have to remove that extra
stuff from modules.conf when I upgrade to
Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
Please read the FAQ at http://lists.us.dell.com/faq or search the list
archives at http://lists.us.dell.com/htdig/
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge