webadmin/linuxconf

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Wed Apr 24 13:29:01 CDT 2002

Hank, All:

    A thumbs up for webmin, everybody should install this, hey here is also
another excellent idea, maybe Dell would provide this as part of some of the
tools they ship for their machines, I mean if you are off site and you had
to actually do something on your server, webmin is the handy tool. For sure
you need webmin, I prefer to login via webmin then via ssh to machine if
there was a single account to be created or if I had to much with the MySQL
server or anything like that, DNS, cron's (I hate mucking with the cron
files) etc etc.

    Remember that tools like webmin are useful only once you have mastered
the manual commandline and editing of files, as someone posted you could use
Webmin all the time but if you had no clue what was going on in /etc/ and
friends then you are in a hot soup (minus the fly).

    So go ahead and install it !! :) :) :) :) : )

    Cheers,

        Aly.

Aly Dharshi
System Administrator ORS
aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
aly.dharshi at cs.uleth.ca

Got *nix ? *nix the better alternative to Winblows