linuxconf?

Nik Jewell L.N.Jewell at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 01:52:00 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 16:21, Hank Eskin wrote:

> I like using linuxconf... What are we supposed to use instead?

Ummmmmm.... A text editor ??

Seriously, if you don't learn you way around /etc, you're never going to
fully understand what your box is doing, nor (and this is the problem
with linuxconf) know that your server is actually doing what you think
that is doing.

If you're only going to be happy with GUI sysadmin tools, then you'll
probably be happier in the long run with one of Billy boy's OSes (yuk!).

Nik