Regular verses Daylight Savings Time

Karl Zander KZander at CommPartners.com
Tue Apr 23 16:44:00 CDT 2002

Ok...I ran tzselect.  Choose the options for Americas, United States and
Eastern Time zone (I am in Washington, DC).  But the server is still off by
an hour.   UTC is also off by an hour.   It is one hour behind like it is
still on Regular time and does not know about Daylight Savings Time.

If I do not use ntpd, where does RedHat Linux 7.2 get its time from?  The
hardware clock in the BIOS?

Karl Zander