Regular verses Daylight Savings Time

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Tue Apr 23 11:38:01 CDT 2002

Run the command:   tzselect   then choose your Country (i.e. Americas,
Option 2), then choose United States - Option 45, then choose Option 9 for
Central Time.  It will then give you a confirmation on the Date & Time.

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Berlinger [mailto:rnb at aecom.yu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 11:15 AM
To: Matt_Domsch at exchange.dell.com; KZander at commpartners.com
Cc: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: RE: Regular verses Daylight Savings Time

Actually NTP syncs to UTC -- it doesn't deal with daylight savings.  The
conversion to local wall clock time is done by library routines.

I don't know the answer either -- I believe it has to do with the
settings in /etc/localtime (which is binary data).  Normally this is set
during the system setup -- I don't know how to modify it subsequently.
(man tzfile talks about it from a technical standpoint).