Regular verses Daylight Savings Time

Robert Berlinger rnb at aecom.yu.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:16:01 CDT 2002

Actually NTP syncs to UTC -- it doesn't deal with daylight savings.  The
conversion to local wall clock time is done by library routines.

I don't know the answer either -- I believe it has to do with the
settings in /etc/localtime (which is binary data).  Normally this is set
during the system setup -- I don't know how to modify it subsequently.
(man tzfile talks about it from a technical standpoint).