can't compile on 2.4.9-21enterprise

jason andrade jason at dstc.edu.au
Tue Apr 23 00:09:01 CDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Eric Weiherer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't compile on my poweredge server hosted with dellhost.com
>
> I get errors relating to files not found referenced in /usr/include/bits,
> such as:
>
> gcc -DUNDEF_THREADS_HACK -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./../include -I./.. -I..    -O3
> -DDBUG_OFF   -c readline.c
> In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:307,
>                  from readline.c:50:
> /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28:29: asm/sigcontext.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> Any ideas?

you haven't said what version of kernel and whether it's a redhat one or
a vanilla one.

my first guess is that you don't have kernel-headers installed.

$ rpm -ql kernel-headers-2.4.9-31 | grep sig
/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h

install the kernel headers appropriate to your version of kernel and then
rebuild.  i would make clean ; make dep ; make   from scratch.

regards,

-jason