experienced sysadmin + RHCE course?

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 22 18:48:01 CDT 2002

(pre-note: i have not done this cource my self; However) A friend of
mine actualy teaches parts of those courses, and what i gather from him
its a  mix between basic unix-isms and redhat knowledge. Typical
questions on the exam for that certification would range between "How do
you specify what kernel to boot" to "Fix this machine using nothing but
the resque CD" and "Setup this server for virtual http/ftp/email hosting
using the redhat cd". So i think you will find some of it to be boring,
but a lot of the redhat specifics are delt with in the course.

As a side note, i would sugest signing up to some of redhat's mailing
lists (and posible linux kernel mailing list, dell has some nice digests
of this) to get a proper 'feel' for redhat / general linux and what its
ins and outs are. Often these lists will give you the inside knowledge
that the training cources [w,c]ould not.

	-- Chris