IP chains + redhat 2.4.9-31smp

Rolf Hanson rolf at gitdown.com
Mon Apr 22 17:22:00 CDT 2002

Hi,

I just put a poweredge 1650 running redhat 2.4.9-31smp onto the net, and
already my apache is being hammered by a Code Red worm.

I have a shell script that greps my httpd error log and adds an ipchains
rule to block the offending IP. However I just tested ipchains and get:

[hortence at sv1 hortence]$ sudo /sbin/ipchains -nL
ipchains: Incompatible with this kernel

Before I look too much into this, is there a quick and easy way to get a
version of ipchains that works?  rpm -v tells me that I've got
ipchains-1.3.10-10

Thanks!

Rolf Hanson