Best RH7.2 text?

Ed Martin ed.martin at iop.org
Mon Apr 22 10:58:00 CDT 2002

Best two I reckon:

Excellent Linux version of the best (IMHO) Unix Admin book:
(Focuses on 3 flavours:  Red Hat v7.2, SuSE v7.3, Debian v3.0)
  Linux Administration Handbook
  Prentice Hall;  Nemeth, Snyder, Hein
  2002

Also a very good generic-linux guide:
  Running Linux, 3rd Edition
  O'Reilly; Matt Welsh
  Aug 1999

Personally I don't rate most of the distribution specific books so highly.  e.g Using Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Linux Unleashed, etc.

Yours,

Ed

---
Ed Martin
Head of Systems Technology and Support
IOP Publishing Ltd
Dirac House, Temple Back
Bristol  BS1 6BE
ddi: +44 (0)117 930 1102
www:  http://www.iop.org

>>> "A. Wolf Farkas, MD" <afarkas at wolfwater.com> 19/04/2002 22:19:53 >>>
Slightly OT, but I figure poweredge aficionados will be able to help me.

I've taken delivery of a PE1650 with RH7.2;  I'm not experienced with
Linux, but have worked with *BSD before.   I've already noticed several
subtle (and not so subtle) differences.

Can anyone recommend a good administration book that will let me get the
most out of my box? (one that specifically focuses on RH7.2 would be optimal.)

thanks for the help.
adam

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked by MIMEsweeper using
F-Secure Anti-Virus for the presence of computer viruses.