Best RH7.2 text?

ivan ivan at es.usyd.edu.au
Fri Apr 19 19:46:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Aly S.P Dharshi wrote:

> > As far as book are going. I have a few books from Craig Hunt Linux Library
> > series and I can recommend it, good staff, especially Linux NFS and
> > Automounter Administration by Erez Zadok and Linux Sendmail Administration
> > by Graig Hunt.
>
>     Not to start mail wars here, Sendmail, <shudder> yuck !!! :) :) Exim
> rules !!!

OK, if sendmail is yuck, what is good choice and why? This particular book
is excellent, easy to read, would you believe me or not. I guess whoever
wrote a book on sendmail and easy to read is a genius. I knew very little
about sendmail before I started to read it and now it feels I know
something.

I am in processes of migrating our old Sun Solaris sendmail server to a
Linux based one and would be interested to hear the alternative solutions.
I am also planning to introduce openldap for authentication and stuff.
Please suggest.

--

There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as
 easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no

Ivan Teliatnikov,
F05 David Edgeworth Building,
Department of Geology and Geophysics,
School of Geosciences,