Kernel 2.4.9-31 hangs at boot...

Luca Heltai luca.heltai at libero.it
Fri Apr 19 03:38:00 CDT 2002

Hi,
I have a "small" problem trying to make my Power Hedge 2500 with hw raid 5
(aacraid) boot with my freshly downloaded new kernel...
The system just hangs after the booting starts.
These are the steps i took:
- downloaded the new kernel, kernel headers, kernel source.
- installed the kernel (i have grub, checked it out and it does what it
should...)
- ran mkinitrd for the aacraid and ext3
- booted the system.

It sees the kernel, it sees the initrd, but as soon as the boot progress
starts, it stops, without saying a single word.

I read in this list that someone had been having problems with the
hardware raid. I don't think this is my case, as the kernel does not even
arrive at saying anything that could help...
I then compiled my own... with no success at all.

I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Luca.