Why to upgrade the linux kernel?

Wed Apr 17 22:37:00 CDT 2002

kernel 2.4.9-31 is just fine.  Kernels prior to that have issues
(-{6,7,12,13,21} have problems with aacraid that are fixed in -31).
-Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux
#1 US Linux Server provider for 2001! (IDC Mar 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: A. Wolf Farkas, MD [mailto:afarkas at wolfwater.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 7:33 PM
To: Linux-Poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Re: Why to upgrade the linux kernel?

A follow-up question:  We've got a PE1650 running here with  2.4.7-10smp
Our machine has the PERC-3DI RAID controller.

Should we attempt to upgrade our Kernel to the 2.4.9 series?  Mr. Domsch's
highly informative pages leads me to believe we'd be flirting with disaster.
Any input would be appreciated!

adam