need more help with Dell OpenManage install

Tue Apr 16 13:55:01 CDT 2002

> >Administrator (omawsd) did not get installed.  omawsd is the
> webserver.
>
> You are correct here, although I don't know why start.sh
> didn't install it.
> I just installed the ServerAdministrator-1.0-0.i386.rpm, no errors.
>
> # rpm -ihv  ServerAdministrator-1.0-0.i386.rpm
> Preparing...
> [100%]

Right.  You can't do this with RPM.  The ServerAdministrator RPM is really a
fake entry for the RPM database only - it doesn't actually install anything.
start.sh should have installed omawsd for you (it may have been a checkbox
entry which needed to be checked).  Or, uninstall OMSA using the provided
script, and try again with start_text.sh which does an unattended, "all OMSA
components" install.

Thanks,
Matt

--