need help with Dell OpenManage install

rwotten@checkfree.com rwotten at checkfree.com
Tue Apr 16 09:50:01 CDT 2002

I should report that on my 2.2.20 kernel, running start.sh gives you a
pretty GUI, which runs some sort of install script.
No errors are reported when it thinks it is complete - however it turns out
that it did nothing at all.

Error handling and reporting in start.sh is poor, at best.
Be sure to double check that it did what you expect after you've run it
regardless of the kernel you are trying to install the omsa suite on.

--
Rick Otten
O=='=+

                      Matt_Domsch at dell.co
                      m                          To:       heskin at bellatlantic.net, Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
                      Sent by:                   cc:
                      linux-poweredge-adm        Subject:  RE: need help with Dell OpenManage install
                      in at dell.com

                      04/16/02 10:34 AM

>> Use the setup.sh or setup_text.sh scripts to do the
>> install of OMSA,
> All I have on the CD is start.sh.   Is that the one to use in
> x-windows?

s/setup/start/ above.

Yes.  Use start.sh if XWindows is running, start_text.sh if not.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch