need help with Dell OpenManage install

Hank Eskin heskin at bellatlantic.net
Tue Apr 16 09:02:00 CDT 2002

PE 2550/RH 7.2  2.4.9-21smp kernel

I have really tried dutifully to do this myself, but I've hit a wall, and I
don't want to proceed without getting assistance from some experts.

I tried installing the dellomsa RPMs on my 2.4.9-21 kernel, and was told I
needed dynamic kernel support, so I downloaded the kernel-source and
kernel-headers for my kernel. When I tried to rpm the kernel-headers rpm, it
conflicted with the existing kernel-headers2.4-7-10 headers  in
/usr/include/linux, so I did a "rpm -e --nodeps kernel-headers2.4.7-10" and
then installed the 2.4.9-21 headers.  No problem.  I then installed the
2.4.9-21 kernel source2.4.9-21 rpm, and again, no problem.

Now I've got all the pre-requisites for the Dynamic Kernel Support, I tried
to install the dellomsa RPM, and I got these errors:

$ rpm -ihv  dellomsa-4.51-3417.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        ServerAdministrator is needed by dellomsa-4.51-3417
        dellomsa-drivers >= 4.51 is needed by dellomsa-4.51-3417
        libdchapi32.so.4 is needed by dellomsa-4.51-3417

So I tried to install the ServerAdministrator first, and then got this:

$ rpm -ihv ServerAdministrator-1.0-0.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        dellomsa is needed by ServerAdministrator-1.0-0

So now what?  How do I get this installed with dynamic kernel support, and
get past the dependencies for the dellomsa install?   Is it is easy as
specifying "--nodeps" on the dellomsa install?   Will everything still
work??

Thanks in advance!

-Hank