RedHat 6.2E

Keith Wolters kowolters at email.com
Mon Apr 15 15:35:00 CDT 2002

I'm trying to install RedHat 6.2E on a PowerEdge 6400.  It has a PERC 3/DC controller.  I have a RAID 1 volume and 2 RAID 5 volumes configured (I used the RAID setup tool during boot).  I currently have no disks which are NOT part of a RAID volume.

RedHat gives me an error of

"No valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems.  Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem."

Can I install RedHat 6.2E on top of a RAID volume handled by a PERC 3/DC controller?