serial port pci cards in 1550 short circuits?

Ard van Breemen ard at telegraafnet.nl
Mon Apr 15 12:51:00 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 12:19:01PM -0500, Steve_Boley at dell.com wrote:
> The slot on pe1550 is 3.3v 64 bit so if the card is 5v and fits the 64 bit
Allright, but does the PE2550 not also have 3.3v PCI-64 bus?
The problem is: the card seems 3.3v, since it contains the key gaps on
the card-edge to indicate 3.3v. And the pe1550 does not contain these
key gaps to indicate 3.3v...
Hmmm,
I will do some more tests with the PE2550.
> slot it won't work due to the voltage issue.  There is an adaptor available
> to convert the slot to a 32bit over 64 bit slot and might be what you need.
Will that adaptor convert it to 5v then?
> A 32 bit card like the intel nic is also running at 3.3v and has the
> compliancy to run in the slot.
Yep, that's why we ordered a thing with the 3.3v gap, while actually
wondering why, because the 1550 do not contain these keys...

Thanks for the sane reply :)...

(PS: I could also be blatantly stupid about pci, and that the 3.3v
version do not use keys).

--
<ard at telegraafnet.nl> Telegraaf Elektronische Media  http://wwwijzer.nl
http://leerquoten.monster.org/ http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html