Problem installing RH7.2 with XFS

Sam Widmer SWIDMER at caowash.org
Mon Apr 15 11:18:01 CDT 2002

Greetings,

Just wanted to let everyone know that this has been solved.  To correct the problem I followed Seth's advice and didn't use the MegaRaid driver from the Dell web site.

Thanks,

Sam

>>> James Bruce <brucej at musc.edu> 04/15/02 06:44AM >>>
Sam,

Sorry, been away for a few days.  Where did you get the RedHat 7.2 CD Set
that contains the XFS capabilities?  From SGI?

I wasn't aware that there was a ISO set for this version.  If so that is
great, but it does sound like your RAID Drivers are missing from the kernel
and are not being loaded at all.

James

--On Friday, April 12, 2002 10:37:05 -0700 Sam Widmer <SWIDMER at caowash.org>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am tring to install RH7.2 with XFS on my Poweredge 1550 but keep
> smack'n into a fatal error when it comes to the disk partition setup.
>
> After I select Manual w/ Diskdruid it get a box that says:
>
> An Error has occurred - no valid devices were found on
> wich to create new filesystems.  Please check your
> hardware for the cause of this problem.
>
> System Stats:
> Poweredge 1550
> PERC 3/DCL
> 2 9GB SCSI drives
> Logical drive Striped and reports Optimal status.
> XFS installer 1.02a
>
> What I have tried:
> I have blown away and recreated the logical drive with no results.
> I have updated the firmware from 1.57 to 161N with no results.
> I have tried to run the XFS install in expert and supplied the MegaRAID
>   driver I downloaded from Dell with no results.
>
> If anyone has any ideas for me or needs more information about my problem
> please drop me a note.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Sam Widmer
> Information Systems Manager
> Community Action Organization

=====
James J Bruce (brucej at musc.edu)
GCRC Informatics Manager
Medical University of South Carolina
Charleston, SC 29425  (843) 876-5101

There are two major products that have come out of the University of
California at Berkeley: LSD and BSD.  We don't believe this to be a
coincidence.
-- Jeremy S. Anderson