Tape drives

Richard_Goodwin@Dell.com Richard_Goodwin at Dell.com
Thu Apr 11 15:42:00 CDT 2002

That procedure is only needed when you have an IDE tape drive. When using a
SCSI drive, such as TSL-11000, you do not need to use ide-scsi, etc.

The tape drive should be available at /dev/st0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tiziana Cherubini [mailto:tiziana at hawaii.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 3:38 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Tape drives

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a tape drive (SONY, TSL-11000) in my
poweredge but I'm not sure about the drive for the tape.
Following the installation instructions I should add in
the /etc/rc/rc.local file the lines:

rmmod ide-tape
modprobe ide-scsi
hdparm -d0 /dev/hdX
mt -f /dev/st0 stopoptions no-blkimits

which is the drive letter I should use in hdX?

I attached to this mail the result of typing "dmesg"

		Tiziana.

Tiziana Cherubini
Department of Meteorology
University of Hawaii