bios versions with dmidecode

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Thu Apr 11 12:50:01 CDT 2002

FYI...A56 is referring to your ESM (Embedded Server Management) Firmware and
NOT your Bios Revision.

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher McCrory [mailto:chrismcc at pricegrabber.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 11:29 AM
To: Linux-PowerEdge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: bios versions with dmidecode

Hello...

	I got a mailer from dell about a BIOS update for some specific 2550
versions.  It was a problem with E?? manufactured between ? ? , upgrade
to A56.  dmidecode only shows BIOS A06

Handle 0x0000
         DMI type 0, 20 bytes.
         BIOS Information Block
                 Vendor: Dell Computer Corporation
                 Version: A06
                 Release: 02/16/2001

I have a number of 2450/2550 servers.  How can I tell which servers need
the update and which don't without physical access?

TIA

--
Christopher McCrory

chrismcc at pricegrabber.com