bios versions with dmidecode

Thu Apr 11 11:46:01 CDT 2002

> Handle 0x0000
>          DMI type 0, 20 bytes.
>          BIOS Information Block
>                  Vendor: Dell Computer Corporation
>                  Version: A06
>                  Release: 02/16/2001
>
> I have a number of 2450/2550 servers.  How can I tell which
> servers need the update and which don't without physical access?

dmidecode shows the right version (A06) in that block.  A06 is the latest
release on support.dell.com for the PE2550.  A07 is the latest for the
PE2450.  (Each platform has its own versioning sequence, so A07 for PE2450
and A06 for PE2550 may each be the latest, but have similar functionality -
you can't compare the version number on one platform to the version number
on another platform.)

Thanks,
Matt

--