can't connect to open-manage server on dell1650

Hank Eskin heskin at bellatlantic.net
Thu Apr 11 09:04:00 CDT 2002

> I know this is a stupid question, but where do I get a copy of said
program......

Check out Matt's page (near the bottom): http://domsch.com/linux/
and:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2001-October/000497.html

And this is yet another stupid question, but if I install the Open Manage
Server Agent on my PE2550 running RH 7.2 (2.4.9-21), what could it possibly
mess up with my current, fairly standard install of RH?   See, I'm used to
windoze apps like this installing all sorts of stuff in the OS that really
mucks things up, and I really don't want to change or risk anything changing
on this box if I install this app.   If have the same concerns if I choose
to install a DRAC II card - what could the install do to my current config?

Thanks,

-Hank