PowerEdge Web Server install

Carlos_Batista@Dell.com Carlos_Batista at Dell.com
Wed Apr 10 15:16:01 CDT 2002

Resending this message ... I had problems with the previous address

****************************

Customers wanted more flexibility on how they used their disks ... so ... we
install our software stack on the first disk and leave others untouched.  To
this we added capabilities that let you associate new drives with virtual
websites, add drives, remove drives, lock drives etc ...

Configure your "empty"/available disks any way you want ...
(fdisk/mkfs/make-define mount point/edit fstab/etc ...) You might want to
check the Software-RAID HOWTO if you're interested in RAID.

After you do this locate the System->Storage->Local Storage menu.  Specify
the previously specified mount point and follow the wizard. You'll notice
that next time you go to Domains->Add Domains menu there will be a pull down
menu named "Partition" which allows you to specify on which partition your
new website will be located.

If the server is deployed in dedicated mode you might want to configure the
disks and create links to folders in the /var/www/html directory.

Carlos Batista
Technical Lead - PowerApp.web Linux
Dell Computer Corporation