Suse Linux Enterprise Server on Poweredge Server

Wed Apr 10 12:59:00 CDT 2002

> I'm pretty new to linux, and I'm currently evaluating
> the pros and cons of running suse linux enterprise
> server on poweredge servers instead of red hat linux
>
> what do everyone think of SuSe over red hat

I'll be happy to have customers running SuSE answer with their experiences.
I know several customers on this list are using SuSE with great success.

Dell only tests with Red Hat Linux - and we do extensively test with Red
Hat.  Nothing against SuSE, but we don't have the bandwidth or relationship
with them at present to test their distribution as well.  Dell recommends,
supports, and factory-installs Red Hat Linux on all our PowerEdge servers.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch