6450/6650 Console redirection

Marc Mondragon Marcmo at RitchieCapital.com
Wed Apr 10 08:17:00 CDT 2002

Whoops!  Make that 2550 ...

Does this change you question>

-----Original Message-----
From: jason andrade [mailto:jason at dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 7:36 PM
To: Marc Mondragon
Subject: Re: 6450/6650 Console redirection

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Marc Mondragon wrote:

> Hello-
>
> I'm wondering if anyone on the list, especially those from Dell, can tell
me
> if the style of console redirection available in the BIOS of the 2450
series
> is/will be available in the 6450/6650 series?

hi marc,

can you elaborate on your success with the serial console bios redirection
on the
2450 ?  are you using A07 ?  how much is possible from the bios console, e.g
with a hardware lockup, is there any ability to do the equivalent of a
ctrl-alt-del
or even some sort of soft power reset ?

regards,

-jason