What RAID in PE1655MC blades?

Ed Martin ed.martin at iop.org
Tue Apr 9 05:32:01 CDT 2002

Quick question:
(for me, a miracle!  ;-)  )

Dell have pre-announced their blade solution:

Press release
http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/corporate/press/pressoffice_us_2002-04-03-nyc-003.htm
1655MC
http://www.dell.com/us/en/biz/products/model_pedge_1_pedge_1655mc.htm

I noticed that it has a new RAID solution - the PERC 4/IM
http://www.dell.com/us/en/biz/learnmore/learnmore_raid_cards_servers_popup_pedge_pe1655mc_details.htm
Does anyone know what flavour this is?  Adaptec/aacraid or AMI/megaraid or other?

I prefer the AMI cards under Linux, but the new PE1650 doesn't offer this for internal disks.  I'd be interested to know what the PERC 4/IM is, and how well it will work with Linux.

Yours,

Ed

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked by MIMEsweeper using
F-Secure Anti-Virus for the presence of computer viruses.