OpenMange?? WAS: lm_sensors
Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Fri Apr 5 11:20:01 CST 2002
> so i hear about the openmanage system a lot but im still not
> sure what all
> the features are and what it does. could anyone care to clarify??
It does a lot. www.dell.com/openmanage has the marketing take on it all.
Click "Server Management" there.
Most OpenManage features work on servers running Linux.
Just a few examples of features of OpenManage Server Administrator 1.0:
* Reading status of fans, voltages, and temperature probes
* Setting threshhold values for various events (over-temp, slow or fast
* Setting the hardware watchdog timer timeout value and action
* run diagnostics while OS is running
* Connect to the server management software running on the target server
using a web browser
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/software/svradmin/ is a good resource.
There are other components to the OpenManage suite.
The Server Assistant CD which guides you through OS installs, and recognizes
Red Hat Linux CDs.
A few components, like OpenManage Array Manager, have not yet finished being
ported to Linux, but nearly everything else has.
Hope this helps.
Sr. Software Engineer
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux
Linux on Dell mailing lists @ http://lists.us.dell.com
#1 US Linux Server provider for 2001!
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge