IS: OpenMange?? WAS: lm_sensors

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Fri Apr 5 10:18:03 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 10:03:32AM -0600, G. Barros wrote:
> so i hear about the openmanage system a lot but im still not sure what all
> the features are and what it does. could anyone care to clarify??

The biggest problem with the openmanage thing is that is impossible to
install it on anything else than redhat! I once tried for a few hours
to get to work on another distribution: impossible :(

BTW: i don't think that one should need a recent java jre to get the
temperature and fan speed of a server!

Vriendelijke groeten,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium