RE: e100 issues

Robert_Wideman@Dell.com Robert_Wideman at Dell.com
Thu Apr 4 19:43:01 CST 2002

Google shows to be a bad driver.  DL the driver from:
http://support.dell.com/us/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R23243&sid=P
WE_PNT_XEO_6300&lang=EN&lib=5&os=LIN&searchtype=filter&devid=984&type=DRVR
and try it.

Robert Wideman, CNA, A+, MCP
Dell Linux Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Shih [mailto:jeffrey.shih at oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 7:36 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: e100 issues

    I'm testing a Suse 7.0 configuration with a 2.2.19 kernel setup on a
dell 1550 poweredge.  It looks like periodically the NIC fails with a
kernel: eth 0 e100_wait_exec_cmd: Wait failed message.  It is happening
on multiple machines, but not all, so I doubt that they all have bad
hardware.  Has anyone encountered an error like this before?

Thanks,
Jeff