NMI ISR: NMI_MEMORY_CONTROLLER_ERROR

Thomas Zerulla Thomas.Zerulla at informatik.fh-ge.de
Thu Apr 4 09:08:00 CST 2002

We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 with a Perc 3/Di ( one Container Raid 5).
Operation System RedHat linux 7.1 with kernel 2.4.9-31.

In last two weeks, the server crash with a aacraid error message.
Because of the scsi timeout there is nothing in the log file.

After a reboot I find these in /var/log/messages:

aacraid:        NMI ISR: NMI_MEMORY_CONTROLLER_ERROR
.
aacraid: <...repeats 6 more times>
.
aacraid:Battery charge is now OK
.
.
.
aacraid:        NMI ISR: NMI_MEMORY_CONTROLLER_ERROR

A  diagnostic dump text  with afacli    says:

Battery Information
-------------------
Battery Serial Number:     Unknown
Full Charge Capacity:      Unknown
Design capacity:           Unknown
Remaining Capacity:        Unknown
Full Charge Capacity:      Unknown
Current:                   Unknown
Specification Information: Unknown
Temperature:               Unknown
Last recondition date:     Unknown
Next recondition date:     Unknown

Have I a problem with the Battery ??
Should I do a ?"battery recondition" ?? ?

Thank you--
Thomas Zerulla

Fachbereich Informatik
Fachhochschule Gelsenkirchen