X lockups on Poweredge 2300

Wed Apr 3 09:19:00 CST 2002

Here's what you can try, you need to either boot to the utility partition
with F10 if you left it there or make a 'resource configuration utility'
diskette and boot to it.

Go to configure your computer and then choose step 3(don't remember the
title of it).

After this, hit F7 for advanced options.

Choose View additional system information.

Used resources

Look for doubling on the irq listings.  To free any and stop sharing of any
of them you will need to enter the F2 bios setup screens and disable things
before running the configuration utility or change them and rerun it.
Disable parallel port, serial ports, primary scsi if you have raid and not
using, and anything else to free irq's.

After you see in the step above if anything is sharing, hit escape and go
back a level and choose available resources and see if any irq's are
available.

Escape back to the screen after choosing step 3.  Locate the video card you
are using that is listed there and arrow to it and hit F6.

Change the irq to something that is not conflicting with anything else and
then escape back to the menu with 5 steps and do step 5 save and exit.  It
will prompt you to save and then when it finally says to reboot the system,
pop the floppy and boot to os.

Steve