NMI received error.

Seth Mos Seth.Mos at coltex.nl
Tue Apr 2 03:40:01 CST 2002

Hello,

I received the following message in my dmesg log file last friday.

Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips

The system is a PE2500 with dual 1.13Ghz processors and 2GB ram.
I am running a 2.4.9-12 kernel with XFS support.

I have run the esmlog tool to check for systemboard events but there were no
message about the ram.

I looked up the message in the source and it was indeed in the memory parity
error function.

I also ran a quick diagnostics test of the memory but it turned op nothing.

Any hints? This is our main database server so we are a little paranoid.

Cheers
Seth Mos
IT department
Coltex BV