RedHat 7.2 on Dell

Karsten Mueller mueller.karsten at guj.de
Thu Oct 25 09:17:00 CDT 2001

Hi!

The situation with Dell, RedHat and Oracle, SAP is somewhat miserable.
We depend on Hardware and OS Certification of Oracle and SAP. So we
install RedHat 6.2 with kickstart on all boxes. But now it seems that
Dell does not provide the PERC/2 Controllers anymore... Pushing the
aacraid module into the kickstart netboot diskette would be a way but we
did not succed yet.

I really want to know if Dell, Oracle and SAP will support and certify
RedHat 7.2 and when this will happen.

Btw: Has anyone tried to install RedHat 7.2 on recent Dell boxes?

bye,
Karsten