Upgrade options

Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Oct 22 09:05:00 CDT 2001

10 million is more like it. :-)

You'll want to get the upgrade cpu's from Dell as they
will come with the correct cpu stepping, etc. to match
the two you already have.  You should not need to make
any change to linux as you're already running an smp
kernel.

squid won't help you, it is a proxy that caches data
so if I were running squid on my end and accessed your
site all day, my squid proxy would cache your data for
me so I'd get quicker responses.

Dave