utilities partition. (fwd)

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Wed Oct 17 15:36:01 CDT 2001

The Dell Server Assistant (DSA) is the only method that I am aware of that
a customer can use to install a Utility Partition (UP). We find that most
people just delete the UP :-) But, if you really want to have a UP, you
may try to 'dd' one off of a running system, and partition the new system
the same way and 'dd' it back. It is just an ms-dos vfat filesystem with a
special partition type ('de', iirc).
--
Michael

--