FTP server, etc. (fwd)

Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Tue Oct 16 18:04:00 CDT 2001

I proposed ncFTPd because of it's security record, not
it's price.  If you go to http://www.securityfocus.com
and search the advisories for ncftpd and proftpd, you'll
find zero remote root exploits for ncftpd and plenty
for proftpd spanning more than a year's time.  That's
enough reason for me to trust ncftpd more.  I used to
use proftpd a few years ago and back then the
development would randomly stop and start, that
coupled with the security issues and fairly regular
patching made me spend the money and make the switch.

Dave