aacraid-62sbe2-70.zip & PERC2DRV.zip

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Thu Oct 4 16:53:01 CDT 2001

Rick,

RH 6.2 SBE2 is the only version of RedHat 6.2 that is supported and
validated on the PowerEdge 25xx (2500 & 2550) Servers.  The driver you
mentioned is for the Adaptec RAID Controllers which uses the aacraid module.
The Kernel for RH 6.2 SBE2 is:  2.2.14-6.1.1 and can be downloaded as an
.ISO here:

http://lists.us.dell.com/62sbe2/

Thanks,

Jeremy Sheard
Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: rwotten at checkfree.com [mailto:rwotten at checkfree.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 4:36 PM
To: Linux-PowerEdge at exchange.dell.com
Cc: margie_malone at exchange.dell.com
Subject: aacraid-62sbe2-70.zip & PERC2DRV.zip

The differences between the two subject named files are not yet clear to
me.  I haven't been able to download the second one because your ftp site
is either down or saturated.

aacraid-62sbe2-70.zip has only one "dot - o" in it.  This file includes the
name "rh70".
(aacraid_rh70_enterpise.o)
Does this mean it doesn't really include a driver that will work with 6.2?

I should point out that I am working with Margie Malone on this and she has
been very helpful so far.

I am trying to install 6.2 retail on a 2550.  I hope it is possible.
I need this specific release for compatibility reasons with 3rd party
hardware drivers and libraries.

--
Rick Otten
O=='=+