Open Source OpenManage Server Agent drivers

Marc Schmitt schmitt at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 29 06:49:00 CST 2001

Dear company,

On Matt Domsch`s Linux page, I read that customers who would like to
have Open Source OpenManage Server Agent drivers for RedHat Linux should
email to this address.

I currently administrate a 8 CPU PowerEdge 8450 with 4GB RAM and a
PERC3QC controller where a PowerVault 210S with 12 70GB disks is
attached to. The server was delivered with RedHat 7.0 preinstalled by
Dell. Due to security flaws and performance issues, I decided to upgrade
to the latest enterprise kernel provided by RedHat
(2.2.19-7.0.12enterprise), which breaks support for OpenManage/DRAC.
Therefore I would welcome Open Source drivers from Dell so that there is
a possibility to upgrade to a new kernel without worrying about having
no driver modules that can be loaded into the new kernel.

Thank you.

Regards,
	Marc Schmitt, IT Support Group
	Linux System Administrator