Mount Points and Partitions

Kok Seng Lim "kok_seng_lim" at tem.toshiba.co.jp
Wed Nov 28 01:26:01 CST 2001

A couple of questions regarding the issue.

Is there any program or ways to change the size of the existing
partitions(swap, Linux Native) or add additional partitions without
destroying the data? (like Partition Magic for Windows). I thought it would
be easier for me to just modify existing partitions on my PE 2500 (FI with
RH7.1) instead of manually re-install the Linux.

I also found out that RH7.1 installation through OpenManage Assistant CD
does not allow any customization of partitions at all. So, if I were to do
the manual installation of RH7.1, what are the server configurations/driver
upgrades that I need to carry out after the installation?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Lim Kok Seng
Engineering Department
Toshiba Electronics (M) Sdn. Bhd.