Fixed aacraid patch against 2.4.15/2.5.0

Chris Chabot chabotc at reviewboard.com
Sun Nov 25 20:23:01 CST 2001

That, unfortunatly, from what i understand, is a completely different
story.

Dell gets its driver from adaptec. The current driver is a 'port' from
the NT driver. This driver has been rejected for inclusion from the
linux kernel since it is full of 'NT style' stuff.

Adaptec tells the world it is re-writing the driver to a more linux
conforment style, which can then be included in the linux kernel.

My only problem with this is, that i have heard that same story for
quite a while now (> 1 year), and still see no new driver releases from
adaptect & partners..

So for now, the quest is to get this driver update included into the
next redhat linux kernel updates.

	-- Chris