Dell Factory Installs Red Hat Linux 7.2

Bob Staaf rstaaf at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 19 10:11:00 CST 2001

Dell Announcement:

>Red Hat Linux 7.2 Available on All Dell PowerEdge Servers
and Precision
>Workstations
>
>AUSTIN, Texas--Nov. 19, 2001--Dell today announced that it
will offer
>factory installation of Red Hat® Linux 7.2 on its entire
line of Dell
>Precision(tm) workstations and Dell PowerEdge(tm) servers,
including the
>PowerEdge 1500SC server, which was introduced today for
small business
>customers.

Matt,

     What is the latest on the DMI errors with the 2.4.9-13
kernel?  Also, I have heard of new updates to handle the
performance problems with the Perc3 RAID controllers, what
is the status of those?  I have 4 PowerEdge 2450s that I
would like to migrate to 7.2 but, would like to see some
resolution to these issues first.

Thanks

Bob