Help needed fsck exited with signal 11

Wed Nov 14 08:19:21 CST 2001

> At boot time, the system reports
>
> Checking root filesystem
> / was not cleanly unmounted, check forced
> Warning... fsck.ext2 for device /dev/sda3 exited with signal 11
> [FAILED]

There's a bug in the aacraid driver which was finally understood yesterday.
We're trying to make sure it's actually fixed.  It seems to only happen on
systems with >1GB RAM.  A short term solution should be to append 'mem=900M'
or thereabouts when you boot, which should prevent high memory access by the
driver which is what's breaking.  Soon as we're sure we've got this bug
completely fixed we'll post another announcement to these lists.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#1 US Linux Server provider with 24% (IDC Sept 2001)
#2 Worldwide Linux Server provider with 17% (IDC Sept 2001)
#3 Unix provider with 18% in the US (Dataquest)!