AMI megaraid performance (was: RE: Dell release of Redhat 7.2 )

Thu Nov 8 11:28:01 CST 2001

> Will the megaraid driver module in 'off-the-shelf' RH7.0 installations
> (kernel 2.2.16-22enterprise) need upgrading?

I recommend megaraid 1.18, the latest.  There have been reports that drivers
less than 1.18 with new firmware don't work (maybe logical drives don't
appear).

> On another note, I'm slightly disappointed that you need to
> reboot from the
> floppy disk to perform the upgrade, what with our Dell
> servers having had
> over 130 days uptime so far and all! :-)

megaflash in the megaraid-rh71.tar.gz may work.  I haven't tried it with the
megaraid driver that's in 7.0 though.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#1 US Linux Server provider with 24% (IDC Sept 2001)
#2 Worldwide Linux Server provider with 17% (IDC Sept 2001)
#3 Unix provider with 18% in the US (Dataquest)!