need help to update old lion-System

Dambacher, Ulf Ulf.Dambacher at mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Nov 8 00:48:00 CST 2001

Hi

I'm trying to update my old lion system (poweredge 7150, 4x ia64 B2
733mhz, 3GB) to the new suse 7.2 release
it is running suse 7.1 beta wich is booted with eli from efi.
When I try to boot the new linux distr form CD it uses elilo wich hangs
efi before getting to the kernel unpack.
I tried to boot the kernel with eli but efi also hangs when copying the
relevant files from CD to LS120.

I remember there was something about updating bios and/or efi before
using elilo.
I have efi 0.99 and bios S46000AC4A.86B.0069.B.
Can someone give a hint where to get a new version of efi and bios?

Thanks
	Ulf
Dipl.-Ing. Ulf Dambacher

Institut für Werkzeugmaschinen und Betriebstechnik,
Universität Karlsruhe
Institute of  machine tools and production science,
university of Karlsruhe, Germany

FON +49 721 608 4297
FAX +49 721 69 91 53
ulf.dambacher at mach.uni-karlsruhe.de