What to do when one HD goes down?

Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Tue Nov 6 15:11:01 CST 2001

Just use the Dell tool for managing your raid array, afacli, and
from in the afacli CLI program, just do a:

use afa0
enclosure prepare slot 0 #

Where # is the disk slot that needs to be removed, from 0 to 5.
Your server will power down the disk, you pop the new one
in, and it should start rebuilding on it's own.  Make sure you get
the slot number correct of course, you can check it with a
'container list' command from within afacli to make sure you have
the correct bad disk.

Dave