help w/aacraid/suse7.3/.2.4.10

Mon Nov 5 15:14:01 CST 2001

> dont understand how to "patch" the aacraid module that came
> w/suse7.3, could
> someone please explain ? thanks very much :-)

SuSE 7.3 already includes the aacraid driver I believe (I don't have a set
of CDs here to check against, but 7.2 had it).

> i have suse 7.3, (2.4.10) w/aacraid module dated 9/28/01 and
> it locks on fsck.

This seems to be common, but not strictly a driver thing, but a generic
kernel thing.  You might try with a recent -ac kernel.  FWIW, this problem
hasn't been seen on Red Hat kernels that I'm aware of.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#2 Linux Server provider with 17% in the US and 14% Worldwide (IDC)!
#3 Unix provider with 18% in the US (Dataquest)!