Kernel panics with 7.2 and ANS

Ard van Breemen ard at telegraafnet.nl
Mon Nov 5 12:45:01 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 10:45:59AM -0800, Jeremy Stoltz wrote:
> I have several 1550's which I recently started using Intel's ANS drivers and
> etherchannel. I was having problems with occasional kernel panics on the
> machines. Yesterday I upgraded the machines to use e100-1.6.22 and
> iANS-1.4.27. I saw a kernel panic on most of the machines with in a few
> hours of the upgrade.
>
> I'm using Redhat 7.2 with 2.4.7-10smp on these machines. Any suggestions on
> how to
> resolve this issue?
Yes: use a serial console, and cut and paste the panics and the oopses,
and send them to this list.
Ehhh, also run them through ksymoops before sending them to this list.
If the panic seemed to be caused by iANS, you have to contact intel.
Anyway, by using iANS, your kernel is tainted, so support is less
likely to come from kernel-hackers.
But without the panics and the oopses, we cannot help you.
--
<ard at telegraafnet.nl> Telegraaf Elektronische Media  http://wwwijzer.nl
http://leerquoten.monster.org/ http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html