Redhat 7.2 kernel-smp-2.4.9-7 failure on 2550

Mon Nov 5 10:32:00 CST 2001

You will need to load the CLI and use a container command to set the cache
to write back.  Here's a tip - If you are running a mail server or a
database (anything that is database oriented) you really need seperate
containers for your operating system and where your database is going to
exist.  Have write back on your os container and write through on the
database container.  Databases when pounded hard tend to flood the cache of
the controller and lock up container and corrupt the data.  Seems also to be
an issue with the new journaling file systems which are database oriented as
well.  The command to set the cache is
AFA0>container set cache /write_cache_enable=TRUE X

X being the container number you want to set the cache setting on.

Also use:

AFA0>container show cache X
to see what the cache settings are set to.

AFA0>controller battery_recondition /always=TRUE
is command to recondition the battery.