How to patch the kernel

Pete Guhl peteguhl at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 12 11:25:01 CDT 2001

I hate to bother you with such a newbie question, but can you please tell
me what I need to run at the command line to patch my kernel src with the
aacraid patches (for kernel 2.4.5)? I downloaded the four patches using
lynx as I dont have physical access to the box at the moment and put them
in my /usr/src directory (I'm running Dell supplied RedHat 6.2 on a
PowerEdge 2400). I have the kernel source extracted to /usr/src/linux-2.4.5
and symlinked to /usr/src/linux and I run "patch ***patchname***.tar.gz
under /usr/src and have tried "patch -p1 atchname***.tar.gz under
/usr/src/linux-2.4.5 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Pete Guhl